Here are some photos of the workshop. There were 8 participants plus me. We built a 2.4 metre diameter 24-volt turbine from the Recipe Book. Weather was great and we even got a little wind on Friday so the machine produced a few amps.
We made the magnet rotor moulds deep so that there was a covering of resin over the magnets. But one disk had a bit of excessive resin on one side up to over 2 mm thick. Peter decided to grind it off. It’s scary grinding on magnets as they tend to grab the grinder, but by resting the guard on a piece of wood it proved to be doable.
More photos, by Lucia this time:
Tom’s photos next:-
A few more from Paul…